6/13/09

I need some flip flops that match.

The move to Florida has sparked two new addictions, obsessions, habits that I would commit misdemeanors to support, interests. Flip flops and lime green nail polishes. I have always enjoyed both in moderation but the beautiful (read: “hot as fish grease!”) weather has kicked it up a notch. My poor feet haven’t seen the shade in weeks. You know it’s bad when you start putting sunscreen on your feet just so they don’t look like you stole them from some one else. Side thought: WhyTH do my feet tan so much faster than the rest of me? What’s that all about? Just when I think I have enough I run into another pair of flip flops that beg to come home with me. I can honestly say that I expected the flip flop population in my closet to rise but the hostile takeover of the lime green polish has totally take me off guard. Really it’s not just lime green. Any yellowed green will do. I was even severely tempted by Sally Hansen’s latest greens and most of you know how I feel about her.

This beaut is NK Lime Green (Be careful NK… Don’t want you get to creative with the naming) and China Glaze Custom Kicks. NK Lime ChG Custom Kicks

Love this!  It has a very subtle silvery blue shimmer. Darker greens (like *gasp* China Glaze Watermelon Rind) don’t really do move me so this is right up my alley. I was surprised at how well it applied. NK brand is one of those hood beauty supply store specials. You  know… the beauty supply stores with a wall of wigs and weaves and an entire aisle dedicated to blue hair grease. LOL! Don’t front like ya’ll don’t know about Blue Magic! Anyway… They generally run about $1 but I have seen places charge up to $3 for them. NK polishes tend to be hit or miss when it comes to quality control.  I have come across  more than a few wonky brushes with this brand. I know it’s kinda taboo but I highly suggest you check the brush before you buy.

China Glaze Custom Kicks is my ringer. I will spare you the details of  this one because it has blogged about for weeks now. Pretty much the typical fabulousness that is expected from China Glaze. Awesome unique color, decent application, good brush, yadda yadda. But it is a fan-friggin-tastic blue isn’t it?!?! The Custom Kicks collection was one of the best this spring. Keep the hits coming ChG!Excuse the cutes and dust. Those dang digi-cams are unforgiving aren’t they?!

Lacquered Love,

Betty

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that blue. I must have it. Yep, the digi cams are really, truly unforgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally Hensen's Lacquer Shine "Glow" is an awesome lime green polish... I have it on now, it makes my soul smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a thing for flip flops too! I bet they have some awesome ones in Fl. since I'm sure flips are a way of life out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the greens right now. I just bought Nubar's Green Collection. I never liked greens before. I love the Custom Kicks colors they're really pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

Say what?